This is my original book tag. Yes, I cringed too. So let’s waste no time and get ready to learn a few new songs, and stretch those creative muscles!! I tried to make this as surprising for myself as anyone else. So please enjoy, and if you decide to do it too please tag me or send me the link. I was surprised how many songs I could find that hit the mark so well.
- Select a theme song for #girlboss character that you’ve recently discovered.
Serena from Serena is most certainly a #girlboss. I think she’d appreciate Little Red Wagon by Miranda Lambert, a sort of guilty pleasure.
- Your all time favorite character just pulled up in your driveway. What song is most likely playing when you climb in?
All time favorite character? Seriously? Who wrote this?
I’m going with Darrow from Red Rising because climbing in a car with him is going to result in some sort of epic adventure. He’s got Back In Black by AC/DC. And Sevro is in the back seat singing it and playing air guitar.
- Go to last book on your shelf (or stack no judgement!) A character of your choice from the first chapter is singing karaoke. What song do the pick?
Mark Watney from The Martian belting out Destiny Child’s Survivor You know it.
- Pick an anthem for a beloved rascal.
Jesper from Six of Crows would definitely identify is with Florida-Georgia Line’s This is How We Roll. It’s just the kind of song that would mark him subtly different from the citizens of Kitterdam.
- You know that one couple that just wasn’t meant to be? What’s their love song?
It personally wounded me that Dagny Taggart didn’t end up with Francisco D’Anconia in Atlas Shrugged. Their love song would be Night Train by Jason Aldean. *Dreamy Sigh*
- Randomly select a book with from an author with the last name starting with C. Flip open to a random page, and the first character you see is singing in the shower. What song are they singing?
YEssss. It’s Dr. Alan Grant from Jurassic Park!!!! He is belting out Africa by Toto.
- What’s song would be your favorite OTP’s first dance?
My OTP’s are often not cannon, but Gale and Katniss from the Hunger Games should get a dreamy first dance in some secret, sweet wood. How about the acoustic Making Memories of Us by Keith Urban.
- The villain from the last book you read is looking for a theme song. What do you suggest?
Pekka Rollins was a villain from the last book I read, Crooked Kingdom, and I guess he’d probably like the song All I Do Is Win by DJ Khaled + friends.
- Think of a tragic couple, they are dancing their last dance, what song is it?
Ruby and Liam from the Darkest Minds trilogy are my token tragic couple. Their last dance song: Rewind by Rascal Flatts.
- Your favorite stand alone book just got made into a movie. What song is playing in the opening credits?
Alas, Babylon getting made into a movie would be beautiful! Safe and Sound by Taylor Swift & the Civil Wars would be playing for sure.
- Pick up the 5th book on your shelf. The main character is standing in an elevator with you- what song comes on that annoys them the most?
Well, Darrow from the Red Rising trilogy is going up and Lorde’s Royals comes on. His eye rolling is constant.
- What’s the last series that you started? The kindest character from that series is sitting next to moonlight pond. What song do you serenade to cheer them up?
Strange the Dreamer….and the kindest character was definitely Lazlo Strange. If he were sad, a moonlight serenade would actually cheer him up. I’d get someone that isn’t me to sing Hooked on a Feeling by Blue Suede.
Extra Credit: Do any songs come to mind that remind you a setting in a book you love?
The Red Mine that Darrow in Red Rising comes from, their song would have to be Drinking Class by Lee Brice.
So I hope you enjoyed Singing in the Shower Book Tag. And all you fellow book review bloggers, copy and paste. Let’s see what you come up with!!